Friday, February 3, 2012

Writing a Novel

I've never been very interested in writing a novel. I'm more of the short story/ poetry kinda gal. But then I signed up for 407 Advanced Creative Fiction with Cathy Day.

I read her novel, her linked stories more like.

I like the teacher but I just can't wrap my head around the idea of writing a novel.

It's just the fact that I don't fell like I have the endurance to write that much.

She's having us write 2,250 words each week.

each week!

and I'm floundering. I can't do it. I don't have that much material inside of me to write that much.

Then there's also the fact that I really don't like that I am being forced to write. Well force is a harsh word.....but just the fact that it is being required of me makes that little kid inside scream, "I don't wanna!"

So this is why I'm writing this blog.
And not working on my writing.
Because right now
I just don't give a flying fuck

1 comment:

  1. I get what you mean. I write poems and random ramblings all the time, but I would greatly dislike being told to write so much a week. I mean, it's good to constantly write because it will keep your magical thoughts of awesomeness flowing, but at the same time I like writing on my own time when I feel the need to write.

    ReplyDelete